EXPERIMENTATION SESSION PART 2

                                     MODIFIED SKETCHES DURING 

                          EXPERIMENTATION SESSION


At long last, my sketches were coming to fruition. For the second phase of my project build-up, I decided to make larger drawings with more details




In the second phase, I planned to make three major sketches. The main idea  I had in mind was stacked Architecture. I indirectly used ideas from the object inspiration lesson in this. The object which was a flower was not simple and had different features to it which made it unique. Therefore, I settle on the stacked Architecture idea considering a contemporary design. This drawing was made using an isometric technique where the building is drawn at a 30-degree angle. It is a three-storey art gallery that has an open rooftop.



                          USING THE LIGHT BOARD TO ADVANCE MY SKETCHES 

A light board is a drawing tool which illuminates light. It enables individuals to make new sketches or trace old sketches to create new outcomes. I used the light board to derive a second three-dimensional sketch from the initial one I made. I did this by taping the first sketch onto the drawing board and placing the new sheet over it. 

                 




The tools I used to aid me were a B pencil as well as a ruler. Since the first angular sketch I made had more straight edges and lines, I tweaked my second sketch by adding more circular shapes and patterns 










This is the final outcome of the second sketch I made. This was quite abstract compared to the initial one. It has features such as a glass-framed elevator on the outside as well as a wave-shaped roof and curved windows because making a 3d model of this would be quite difficult, I made the decision to make the last and final sketch which would be what I envision my final outcome to be. 





Finally, I made this final sketch by combining features of the first and second sketches. I added the stacked architecture in the first sketch and combined it with the curved glass windows in the second to produce this final piece. When making this final sketch, I considered the fact that I had limited time to make a 3d final outcome so I tried to make it as simple as possible but still made it possess authentic features.


















Comments

  1. Good post, well done - interesting to hear your thoughts on each stage of the design process here. Now it is time to develop your concept sketch (as we did in skills week, this can be a 2 point perspective realisation of your design). Also, front and side elevations, site map/floor plan with dimensions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE