PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT

               STAGES OF MY PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT


In the first session of week 7, I began the 3d phase of my project. After I completed my final sketch, I began to consider the materials I would use for my main 3d model. To practice with some materials on a smaller scale I used mount board and acetate to create my prototype. 

Before I decided to use mount board, I tried experimenting with cardboard. but I realized the cardboard was not strong enough and it was too thin.



This is the image my prototype was based on. Since it is not my final outcome, I decided to make just the ground floor and the first floor.















I began by assembling the tools and materials I would need for this. I used a pencil to mark out dimensions as well as a craft knife to cut through the material and the ruler to ensure I made straight lines when cutting. I also used a cutting board to avoid cutting lines on the actual table.


















I began by making the rounded shaped windows with the mount board. I carved several lines into the mount board with a craft knife which made it possible for the mount board to bend to produce a circular shape.











To achieve accurate measurements. I used a ruler and a pencil to mark out the shapes I will need on the mount board. I began by cutting out the rectangular windows and walls of the ground floor. After that, I cut it out. I then also cut out the triangular window on the right side of the building. After this was done, I glued the acetate onto the mount board windows. The acetate represents glass windows.














For the pieces to stick together firmly I used super glue to do this. After I had glued all the pieces of the ground floor together I applied the same procedure to the second floor. 









This is the final result of my prototype and I am happy with the way it turned out. 




Comments

  1. Would like to see a better photo of your prototype in the last image.

    The text is mostly description of what you did - what did you think of these materials? Are they practical for the 3D element of your project? Why?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE