SKILL WORKSHOP TWO POINT PERSPECTIVE


                            TWO POINT PERSPECTIVE WORKSHOP

In week 5 we had a perspective session where we practiced perspective drawings, specifically, 2 point perspective drawings.



First of all, I began by assembling the tools I would use for this. I used a ruler, a pencil and an eraser. The medium I used was a sheet of A3 paper. My tutor provided me with the reference image which is a brick house. I studied the image to identify the features before beginning my sketch.




I am already familiar with the point perspective as I took a technical skills course when I was in Year 7 through to Year 9. Hence this was just a class to enable me to polish the skills I already possess. 

I began by drawing a horizontal line from the left to right ends of the sheet. 

The next thing I did was to locate the focal points on the horizontal line. These two focal points are the spots in which all shapes drawn will move towards. After that, I started to draw the main shape of the building which is a brick house. 


The next thing I did was to add details such as the windows, doors as well as roofing panels. All this was done by drawing these shapes towards the focal points



Finally. I drew in details of the ground using parallel lines


This workshop was very insightful as I was able to recall the skills I already possessed regarding 2 point perspective and polished them

Two-point perspective is an essential method of drawing which is necessary in the sketching of buildings to be able to view it from different angles.

I will incorporate a two-point perspective in the 2d outcome sketches of my project to provide vivid angles of the structure.


Comments

  1. State that you will follow up with some concept sketch ideas for your project using this technique. Take more care over your photographs (scan your drawing and add it to this post - also not sure about the first photo and what that gives to the post).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE