CREATING STUDIES

            CREATING STUDIES OF PREVIOUS DESIGNS


For this segment in the developmental phase of my project, I am still brainstorming on what ideas to stick with hence my sketches and drawings are not the best. I ended up picking the rectangular-shaped structure to base my further ideas on.






This sketch is very basic and below my sketching skills as an Architecture student. This sketch was a freestyle sketch so I didn't even know what I was initially doing. But when you analyze the sketch, you will see a triangular structure attached to the rectangular high-rise building. The rectangular glass building is somewhat like where the reception and main meeting point of the social housing unit is. The rectangular building is the main residential space. 








For this second sketch, I tried to make a perspective view drawing of a triangular building but it came out looking more like a square-shaped structure. The rectangles and squares more or less represent windows. Then again this sketch was extremely average and I am not happy with the outcome of this piece. 





Finally, I was able to create something that looked sane and presentable. I first google several pictures of what a basic apartment would look like then I tried to create a housing unit. It is a 3-storey building with terraces on each floor. The sketching is a major improvement compared to the previous sketches I made therefore I've made progress even though it's quite minimal. There are windows on the side and sliding doors which lead to the terraces. There was a major design error with the windows on the right because from the right there seem to be only two floors. However, these are still initial sketches so I will improve upon them. In addition to that, the main shape which looks like a box is very basic and average as well. I would not want my final project at DMUIC to be an average project therefore I made a mental note to create more sketches.



These drawings which can be seen above look below standards to me. Especially because I am an Architecture student. Therefore after my tutorial, I will make several sketches which are presentable and up to standard.






Comments

  1. These sketches are better than you give them credit for - they are sharp and show of your design ideas quite well - all of them could work with further development.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE