DEVELOPING IDEAS

                              DEVELOPING MY IDEAS THROUGH ART 


In the first session of Art Portfolio this week we began developing the ideas we have regarded our respective projects. As my idea is a Social housing Unit, I made two separate developing ideas regarding the Social Unit. 



                                            AUTOMOBILE IN CORSA- GIACOMO BALLA



The first quick sketch was inspired by the Velocity of An Automobile artwork by Giacomo Balla in the year 1913 which can be seen above.  I implemented the levelled lines which look stacked into my drawing. Since it is a housing project, I made four blocks of apartments using a liner ink pen. This was a very basic sketch I made to figure out the kind of design I would want to use in my project. This was quite basic so I moved on to another idea.






For my second experimental idea, I wanted to use watercolour to paint the building. I tried to create a curved structure with green plants spread across the terraces and balcony of the building. I mixed white and black paint to create grey paint and used it as the base of the building. Afterwards, to make the open-top roof interesting, I made a pool on top of the building. There's also a suite on top of the building which would be the most expensive apartment in the building. It has an array of Architectural plants and it slopes downwards.  To darken the colour of the building I created several washes to make it more toned. 






I wasn't quite satisfied with what I created so I ended up moving to the next stage which is creating studies of the images I have drawn. I will build upon that in my next post so stay tuned as I unravel the content of my project. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE