FURTHER SKETCHES

DEVELOPMENT SKETCHES AFTER TUTORIAL


After my tutorial, I made more sketches to enable me to develop my final project idea. The concept is based on social housing hence when I was developing these designs I kept at the back of my mind that it has to be easily accessible and realistic since it is going to house over a 100 people. I was able to develop two main designs. 






                                    NATURAL ENVIRONMENT INSPIRED DESIGN

For this first design, I wanted to fuse a natural environment theme with an ultramodern theme. The main inspiration for this was the Monad Terrace by Jean Nouvel. For this, I used a light board as well as an H Pencil and a 30 cm ruler.





I wanted to create a staircase-themed building where each floor keeps receding till the final floor. To do this I used the isometric technique where the building is placed at a 30-degree angle. The building has three floors hence I drew three levels for the main design.







Afterwards, I began to add in the details by starting with the ground floor. I decided to use grey for the main colour of the building. With a sliding glass door that leads to the balcony. To do this, I used markers for the main building as well as Indian ink pens to thicken the balcony lines.








The next thing I did was finish the ground floor design then I moved to the second floor. I made a creeping plant design which spans from the left to the right directly on top of the ground floor. I then drew plants on the ground and the path way leading to the entrance. 










This is the finished outcome of the nature-themed apartment. I also included creeping plants on the 2nd and 3rd floors to complete the exterior. Not forgetting the wide windows which is a mature modern feature of apartments. I also added plants to the balcony on the ground floor. I am happy with this design but the right side seems a bit off because it is not proportioned well. 





                                                       THE  SECOND DESIGN I MADE 




For this design, I tried to recreate a high rise apartment. I don't really like this because it looks brutalist and I am not a big fan of that kind of Architecture. The base looks bulky and out of place as well
I did not complete it because I didn't see myself working with this as the main design for my project. 
On that note, I decided to work on a final design and whatever outcome I produce will be the main design for my project. More details with regards to this will be in my next blog













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE