Updating website-Initial updates

             INITIAL WEBSITE UPDATES 



As part of my assessment this term, I am required to present a portfolio which will be displayed on my Wix Website. Therefore I have to make some changes to my website. In this blog, I will elaborate on the changes I made which are adding an additional page, button and place holder to my portfolio. 







In order to add a cover page to my portfolio I needed to extend the portfolio cover page section. I did this by dragging on the purple double-sided arrow and dragging it down. 






Afterwards, I selected the image button on the left side of the screen. I do not have a finished cover image as it is still in the works so I will select a placeholder.






             I selected the required image and uploaded it onto Wix by clicking on the open button. I selected the image, edited it and placed it on my website. 





Afterwards, I needed to add buttons which would link the cover page to the main page. I did this by selecting the button option on the drop-down list of the element page. I then selected the grey button as it complimented my black background. 






To make navigation easier I typed in the name of my project into the button section using the same font. 


After updating the button I needed to add a page. I did this by selecting the add page option under site pages and menu. Afterwards I edited the name of the page







To make it uniform I placed the third page under the portfolio section and republished the site to save the edits I made.





I needed to link the button to the new page so I selected the link icon on top of the button 






This link leads me to a menu. On this menu, I selected the page I wanted the link to open which is the Golden Horizon Apartment page I just created. Afterwards, I selected done and my changes were saved.








 To save it completely, I clicked on publish to make sure my changes were updated on my site. 



Making changes was not difficult as I am accustomed to this procedure. In consecutive blogs, I will make further changes in preparation for the assessment.


Comments

  1. Good to see this on here, post on your About Me updates as well - remember you should aim to make it sound more professional!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE