4 BLOCKS CONCEPT WITH SKETCHUP

  SKETCHUP DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESS


Sketchup is no stranger to me as I began using it during the Digital Art module in November 2023. 
Because my sketches and outcomes were mostly based on block A, I wanted to also show 
how the three other blocks would fit into the plan. 



I began by laying out the land on which the buildings would be built. Afterwards, I used the rectangle tool to draw each of the four blocks. This was followed by me expanding them from a 2d plane to create a 3-dimensional shape. 




                            I applied the same process here till I had built all the floors required


Bear in mind that Block A has 6 floors in total whilst the other 3 have 5. After completing the main shapes I then began to add colours and put in the glass windows using the tool tray. This was not difficult as I already know the basics of sketch up. I repeated the same process for the other blocks till I completed it 



Alas, I had completed my SketchUp development. To recreate a grass landscape I added green textures. Overall I am satisfied with the outcome because it resembles my sketches. The only annoying aspect was the fact that SketchUp kept closing unexpectedly and freezing but I managed to complete it. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE