FINAL REFLECTION

            REFLECTING ON THE MODULE







All too soon the Art Portfolio module and my time at DMUIC has come to an end. This reflection post will be based on Art Portfolio One and Two as well as what I have learnt and improved on as an outgoing DMUIC student 


Art Portfolio two started about 10 weeks ago. I was quite excited for the second segment of the Art Portfolio subject so I checked the brief even before school started. I went through my brief and was a bit startled and scared. But I told myself I will take on this challenge head on because I did not want to end my final term on a bad note. 


In my Art Portfolio 2 brief I was tasked to design a social housing unit for the residents of New Cromwell because the town was burnt down due to a terrible fire. Right away I knew that I wanted my main Architectural style to be Ultra modern infused with greenery. According to my brief I was supposed to engage in idea generation which I believe was the most difficult aspect for me



I did multiple idea generations before I decided on a design. Also for this term I wanted to add a bit of everything to show my diverse skills as  a future Architect and I believe I was successful with that 



According to my brief I was supposed to create these boards;
Concept 
Materials and sustainability
Site plan 
2 elevations 
2 3d perspective drawings
2 section drawings 
1 3d model 

I was able to accomplish all of this and even added more by including the interior with regards to the 
underground parking, the garden for residents as well as the playground. I also made two 3d models. One on SketchUp which was of all the four blocks and a physical model of block A 



This term I believe and know that I have improved tremendously on my time management. This is because last term I did not find an idea on time but this time I decided on a design early on and developed it to this final stage. 


I tried my best this term to also record more process shots in order to have relatively more content in my bogs and I think I was successful. In Art Portfolio One I worked more with hands by making more sketches and drawing my elevations sections as well as my physical 3d concept. However, this term I wanted to be more technical because we are in a technological age where most designs are carried out using software's. I did not completely neglect physical work but fused it in order to produce a wholesome result. 


Overall, DMUIC has enabled me to develop my sketching abilities. Even though there's more room for improvement I can clearly see there's a positive difference. Rome was not built in a day therefore I should not expect over night result. I also developed my analytical abilities by paying more attention to details and carefully scrutinizing, complimenting or critizing the subject matter.  Last but not the least I can see there's a tremendous difference in my ability to use digital software's. In digital arts I had below average skills and an average design board/ portfolio. In Art Portfolio One I told myself time lost can never be gained so I needed to make use of the available online software's in order to produce a good result. I was content with the outcomes but I needed to do more. During the break I told myself I will go all out with regards to outcomes in Art Portfolio 2 and I strongly and firmly believe I succeeded in doing so. The tutors have been of great help because I was guided instructed on the module and its outlines. Of course tutors cannot do everything for me so in my personal/ study time I tried my best to finish whatever task I was given and I came out successful. 


This last lap at DMUIC has brought out the best in me and I believe as I advance in my journey to become an Architect I will continue to evolve into a better version of myself and who I am destined to become. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE