PROJECT SUMMARY FOR PRESENTATION

                                           PRESENTATION IN WEEK 7




KUGGEN BUILDING



    This blog post is a major summary of what my project entails as well as my aims and objectives 


AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF MY PROJECT

First of all my theme is pop art. I selected a pop art theme because it will enable me to express myself vividly through vivid designs and colours as well as sending out a message. 

The main objective of my project is to create an Art Gallery in a developing area which is the Rosa Parks district in France. This Art gallery will serve as a major landmark which will provide the residents as well as tourists with a wonderful art experience. This area is not known for having art galleries hence mine will be the first to be constructed in that area. I will make one final 3d outcome and 62d sketches of my work. 


INTENDED OUTCOMES

This art gallery will house sections where artworks are exhibited to the public. This includes both 3-dimensional and 2-dimensional artwork. There will also be a section where virtual reality art exhibitions will occur. This will be made possible using virtual reality headgear. Technology is advancing each day and virtual reality exhibitions are prominent in the art world. Hence, including this in my project would be a good idea. The type of architecture to be used is contemporary Architecture. This is because, with a contemporary plan, I can have large open spaces as well as use sustainable materials for construction



PLANNING AND TIMESCALE

Currently, my main 2d sketch is complete. In this current week,  I will be working on my prototype, which is still in the works, my 3d outcome, and my 6 2-dimensional sketches.



CONTEXTUAL RESEARCH

FRANK GEHRY-2014. Canadian Architect.  Louis Vuitton Foundation in Paris. The main materials are glass and concrete. 


SANTIAGO CALATRAVA- Valencia City of Art. 1998 (The main materials used were cement, glass, steel and aluminium.

He had a fascination with light and with his building designs he always tried to figure out a way to make organic shapes exist in harmony and complement each other. 

JOHN HARRY GRAINGER AND CHARLES D'EBRO. 1887. It was later redesigned by Archimedia and FJMT Architects.- Auckland Art Gallery New Zealand. It contains historic and modern contemporary art. The main materials are, Kauri wood, Plywood as well as glass for the windows



PROCESSES OF CREATING WORK- Processes will be shown with blogs.



FINAL PIECES- Display my sketches as my 3D works are still in the making. 



REFLECTION- First of all, concluding with a final design was difficult as I had so many varying ideas but I finally came up with a design. 




Comments

  1. Your presentation went well, you were articulate and outlined your idea well. The main thing worrying me is the time it has taken you to finalise your design and the workload you now have to complete the 2D works as well as the 3D works. I expect to see you pushing this as much as you can in Week 8.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE