PROTOTYPE

 PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT 




To visualize what the end result of our project would look like, We were tasked to create a prototype during our free time. For my prototype the main materials I used was mount board, grey board and adhersive glue for bonding. The main tools I used was a ruler, pencil too mark out parts and a craft knife to accurately cut out the pieces needed. 







As you can see from the image above, I assembled the materials I needed and began to cut the mount board out with the craft knife and a ruler .



   


After cutting out the required pieces I began to glue the ground floor sections together using adhesive glue. I am well accustomed to the usage of this glue hence carrying out the bonding process was not difficult for me. 


At the top right corner you can see that I completed the ground floor and the first floor. I also used a pen to draw in the terrace sections as well as the doors leading to the terrace. On the green cutting mat I was cutting out the remaining pieces I needed to complete the prototype.








 The images above are pictures I took of my prototype. As you can see I also added grass to the surrounding area of the prototype to depict the landscape I will create for my final project. After I used the mount board I made a decision to go with 3d printing of the part needed for my final 3d model. This is because even though I can cut pieces out well, cutting all those pieces will be stressful. Using CAD software to draw out the dimensions will also be more accurate. 




For my final concept I will use a 1: 100 scale. Last term I used a 1:50 scale but this term I have more components so I will need to scale it down further. 







Comments

  1. Considering what you were working with, this was a decent effort - would be better if you could give an idea about the dimensions as well in this post (ie what scale is the model in?).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE