SECTIONS WITH ARCSITE AND AUTOCAD

                    SECTION CREATION 

This is the final blog post in the technical series before I branch into the colourful segment which involves, drawings Sketchup and final words ( reflection). 

A section is the vertical interior of the building which can be seen from outside. Last term in Art Portfolio, I made my sections by sketching them but for this term, I wanted to produce a more technical section which was computerized. I did this by combining both Arc site and Auto CAD. I will elaborate on the processes below. 




First of all I started by thickening the lines compared to the elevations because sections show the inner walls, floors and their thicknesses. I made the floor slabs 0.24 metres by previously conducting research into floor thickness. I then made the walls 0.15 metres thick




As you can see above I made the sections simultaneously on the same sheet because this aspect was tricky. 


Afterwards, I began to draw in the various rooms which can be seen from the side. As you can see on the ground floor the manager's office, the washroom and the security room can be seen from the west section. This was done according to my floor plans in order to ensure accuracy. 


Using the Arc site was very unexpected because I did not intend to use it. I ended up having to use it because Arc site is mainly for floor plans and elevations therefore the items like doors and chairs do not have front-facing views but only bird eye views. Therefore I did some research on how to import a file from the Arc site into AutoCAD. Because they are both Computer Aided Designs I had the option to import the export the document as a DWG file. DWG files are mostly used on software to make it easy to edit layers and complex designs. This was a trial and error so I was very happy that I was able to import it into Auto CAD.






This aspect was the most difficult aspect because I did not even know what I was doing. I watched YouTube videos on what external components are and how you can import them into CAD software. The components are the furniture like the chairs, bed, toilets etc. which I wanted to add to the design. The first one I downloaded above didn't work because it wasn't dynamic and at that time I didn't know what that meant in terms of software until after I watched a YouTube video. A dynamic component can have its size altered to fit into the design. So afterwards I went to another site and found better-fitting dynamic components





After I downloaded the dynamic components I did not know how to add it into the software so I had to watch more YouTube videos. To add the components you tap on insert at the top left corner on the taskbar section. Afterwards, you then select the dwg component file which you downloaded. As you can see it was downloaded on my pc so I then double-tapped and selected enter and it loaded onto my Auto CAD software. As you an see above as well I had added the dynamic components into the respective sections. From this section, you can see the bedrooms as well as the doors, and beds




On this day I downloaded about 15 different components because most were trial and error but the one above is one of the dynamic furniture components which I used in my sections.




Alas, I had completed the sections and I couldn't leave it in the dwg format so I had to convert it into a pdf format before converting it into jpg to use in my design boards




The images above are the West Section and North Sections of Block A. This aspect was extremely nerve-racking, because I took risks throughout. However, there are people online who went through the same challenges and thankfully uploaded tutorials. Therefore through the tutorials I was able to successfully complete the sections. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

INITIAL RESEARCH: ATELIERS JEAN NOUVEL- MONAD TERRACE