VIJAY PATEL WORKSHOP SESSIONS - 3D PRINTING

3D PRINTING WORKSHOP

After drawing the pieces using the CAD software, I had to visit the 3D printing workshop in order to cut out the required pieces using the 3D laser cutter








The first thing I did was to login on the computer using my school email address. Afterwards I had to transfer the design to the laser cutting software. This aspect was tricky because the software was not recognizing my design. So I had to login and log out repeatedly but hopefully it finally recognized my design. 









The next thing I did was to cut out the pieces in groups. I had over 100 pieces so I could not cut them out all at once. I ended up engraving the terraces which was made out of acrylic. This took about an hour and this was the batch with the longest processing time 








Finally, I cut out the final batch which was mainly the terraces as well as the wall. Using the 3D printing workshop was a bit difficult but I was able to get a hold of it and cut out the rest of the pieces. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

MAJOR PROJECT PLAN

SITE PLAN ANALYSIS